Salon Tips to Become More Sustainable
Salon Tips to Become More Sustainable with Easydry will allow you to save time, money, energy and hopefully, the planet! The idea for the world’s first disposable towels was inspired in response to the environmental issues caused by cotton towels. These issues are prevalent in hair salons where a supply of clean cotton towels is required to keep up with daily operations. Salons operate washing machines and driers on a constant basis. Of course, this consumes a huge amount of water and electricity. With that in mind, as costs increase, salons struggle to keep up with laundry. This in turn, can send your salons carbon footprint through the roof. Salons around the globe are taking advantage of Easydry disposable products to combat the environmental issues and exorbitant costs linked to cotton towels.
Build a green business with Easydry
When you make the move from cotton towels to Easydry disposable towels, you help the environment in three major ways:
- Reducing your electricity usage which reduces the demand for the burning of fossil fuels. This lowers the level of harmful gases entering the atmosphere.
- Reducing water shortages. When you take this into consideration, it obvious why reducing water usage in your salons can help our planet.
- Cotton towels are often mixed with synthetics. This means they are not biodegradable. When cotton towels are thrown out they end up in landfill. Without doubt, the list of damaging effects landfill sites have on the environment is endless.
Explore the wide range of Easydry disposable and eco-friendly products – click here
Solutions to salon waste
Here at Easydry, we are encouraging the hair industry to go in a more sustainable direction. With that purpose in mind, that’s why we would love to introduce you to Green Salon Collective (GSC). They are an organisation atht is helping salons become more sustainable. They provide a convenient service that collects 100% of salon waste. Their focus is finding circular solutions for salon waste. Here are a few examples:
- Using hair cuttings to clean up oil spills. It’s no secret that hair absorbs oil which led to the idea of tightly packing hair cuttings into tubes called hair booms. When placed around oil spills, these blooms stop oil from spreading and damaging wildlife.
- Turning your chemical waste into electricity. GSC sends your chemical waste to a speciality facility that produces electricity during an incineration process.
Easydry & Green Salon Collective Partnership
To conclude, we are proud to announce that Easydry has partnered up with Green Salon Collective to provide salons with an easy path to a sustainable future.